Archived Forum #27 – Peak Oil: New Zealand’s Response
FRIDAY FORUM #27: PEAK OIL: NEW ZEALAND’S RESPONSE
When: Friday, 8 July 2011
Time: 9 am – 12 noon
Where: Room 1.401, University of Auckland Faculty of Engineering, 20 Symonds Street, Auckland
Professor Bob Lloyd will follow up on last year’s highly successful form, Peak Oil: Are we ready? Richard Hawke and Carolyn van Leuven from the Energy and Communications Branch, Ministry of Economic Development will present the government’s approach.
- Professor Bob Lloyd, University of Otago
- Richard Hawke, Ministry of Economic Development
- Carolyn van Leuven, Ministry of Economic Development
Professor Lloyd is sponsored by the Civil and Environmental Department, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Auckland.
- The Growth Delusion (1.47 MB PDF). Thank you to Bob Lloyd for another excellent presentation.
- Peak Oil: New Zealand’s Response (2.2 MB PDF). Dr Richard Hawke, Carolyn van Leuven, Ministry of Economic Development.
- Overview of Forum #27: Peak Oil: New Zealand’s Response (156 KB PDF)
One of the attendees at the forum was concerned with the government’s presentation and response to the question. He has put his thoughts into a blog – available here: http://oilshockhorrorprobe.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-zealand-governments-response-to.html
Disclaimer: The blog reflects the personal views of the Author, in his individual capacity. It does not necessarily represent the views of The Sustainability Society or of any member or affiliate. This blog site is intended to disseminate the Author’s personal views of various issues that arise in context. No representation is made about the accuracy of the information, which solely constitutes the Author’s personal view on these issues. The information contained in this blog site is provided only as general information and personal opinions.