Archived Forum #20 – Water Supply for Auckland
Date: Friday, 5 February 2010
Time: 9 am – 12 noon
Location: The Conference Centre, 585 Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland
Programme in brief :
- Dr Deborah Corneby of Watercare Services Limited will focus on Auckland’s future water supply for the existing urban reticulated supply system and the rural communities within the new boundary.
- Gordon Stewart of Aquas Consultants, author of The Case for Demand Management for Council Water Supplies, will look at the “drivers” for demand management (legislative, environmental) and highlight the key benefits, before focussing on options and opportunities for demand management at the customer level.
- Craig Brown from EcoPlus who is a member of NZSSES and sees himself as a sustainable water services champion within a systems approach to sustainability and Eco-Ergonomics.
Our thanks to the speakers for their presentations.
- Workshop outline (136 kB PDF)
- Dr Deborah Corneby, Water Resources Manager, WaterCare – The Auckland Region’s Water Supply: Past, Present and Future (7.91 MB PDF)
- Gordon Stewart, AQUAS Consultants Ltd – Water Demand Management: Responsibilities, Benefits, Opportunities (9.40 MB PDF)
- Craig Brown, Massey University, Craig Brown Consulting, Greywater Systems – Myth Busting: Sustainable Water Supply for Auckland (3.14 MB PPT)